Clinical Operations Director
OpenLoop is looking for a Clinical Operations Director to join our team at our HQ in Des Moines, Iowa.
This role will be a member of the Operations Team, collaborating closely with the Chief Operating Officer.
About the Role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead provider relations and scheduling.
- Nurture active provider network and work to ensure work satisfaction and retention.
- Handle high priority implementations for clients with large clinical lifts.
- Collaborate across operations departments to improve client and clinician handoffs.
- Provide planning, direction, leadership and advanced expertise in the operation of complex services.
- Work closely with the COO and other leadership to foster and support the creation of new programs and services.
- Supervise, coordinate, and direct the clinical activities and other services (as assigned), within the appropriate regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Lead implementation and ongoing compliance with operational policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Work closely with leadership to market and successfully sell clinical services.
- Lead the development of key metrics to track and report clinical outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Business Administration, or related healthcare field is required.
- Three years of professional experience with telehealth, or five years of progressively responsible experience in healthcare industry.
- Experience with the development, support and implementation of telehealth services.
- Effective organizational, planning, controlling, scheduling and project management abilities in a complex healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices utilized in business or healthcare management and operations.
- Ability to work in a highly complex matrix environment and ensure consistent quality delivery of services and maintain a high level of patient and provider satisfaction.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Our Company Culture
- Unlimited PTO -- We believe in taking time off (and actually do it).
- Medical, Dental and Vision -- Because you, too, deserve access to great healthcare.
- 401K program — to help you save for the future.
- Flexible Schedule and Work Policy
- Team Meet-ups and On-Site Visits -- We love our team building in Des Moines!
- And the chance to change the future of medicine