About the Role
Responsibilities and essential functions for the Enrollment Specialist include:
- Coordinating all managed care credentialing activities to ensure provider participation status; credentialing activities require substantial contact with outside agencies
- Preparing credentialing and re-credentialing applications on behalf of providers for submission to managed care companies and other agencies
- Maintaining necessary logs, lists, records, and current documentation required for provider credentialing and re-credentialing
- Verifying physician/provider information for managed care plans including communication with health plan representatives and other staff as necessary
- Following up with managed care companies to ensure expedient credentialing
- Preparing and completing applications, link letters and spreadsheets to managed care organization specifications
- Maintaining relationships with external managed care organization and clients as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly self-motivated, preferably with some expertise in the healthcare physician credentialing, expirables management, re-credentialing, provider enrollment environment, or medical industry in general
- Success-driven and results-oriented, with the ability to implement and manage cross-functional projects
- Proficiency with credentialing systems and ability to learn new systems/processes quickly
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people (including physicians & medical staff offices)
- Provide highest level of customer service for both internal and external customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with strong presentation and client interaction skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Accurate discernment on when to act independently and when to ask for guidance and/or assistance
- Consistently demonstrate flexibility, a customer-focus, terrific organizational skills and a passion for details
Our Company Culture
- Unlimited PTO -- We believe in taking time off (and actually do it).
- Medical, Dental and Vision -- Because you, too, deserve access to great healthcare.
- 401K program — to help you save for the future.
- Flexible Schedule and Work Policy
- Team Meet-ups and On-Site Visits -- We love our team building in Des Moines!
- And the chance to change the future of medicine